Monday, January 4, 2010

A Home!

Every living thing needs a home. A safe haven, a shelter, a place to return to at day's end, familiar surrounding with loved ones or things loved.
Our contract was accepted, our loan...so far...looks solid...afraid to breath too hard, after all the disappointments these past 2 months.
Oh to have the horses home, a place for the dogs to run safely, and a place for Mike and I to strecth out among our familiar belongings again and start making a home.
At our age hopefully this is it until they carry us away or we're too senile to know the difference!
I still know my way to Mathews, and will visit my old friends on the mountains...in summer!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations - that is wonderful news, although I am saddened that it didn't work out here in Mathews. No matter, when you're all settled, let us know and we'll make a trip north to see you...and Tonic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most excellent news, I know how tiring the buying/selling process can be .. but it looks as if its all over except for the moving/unpacking .. I bet you could get those Mathews gals to come help... if you want til summer, I will come help too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to welcome you to the 'hood;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your support thru all of this. I am so excited! I can't wait to be in the hood, and keep telling CBW I know my way back to her hood too! Daryl, I am so looking forward to this summer (as much as I hate hot weather!!!) can't wait to meet you at the blogfest! I will need a break by then I have tons of Dora the Explorer and Spongebob wall paper to scrape off...sorry no kids in my life, just 4 legged ones.

    ReplyDelete